Details of the aid
Status: AVAILABLE since 21/01/2019
Recipients: 2018 beneficiaries of permanent benefits or aid for rent payment.
Family income limit: From 1.5 to 2.35 times the IRSC*, depending on the group
Administration that grants the aid: Housing Agency of Catalonia
Preventing social exclusion, an objective of the City Council
Problems with housing are one of the main causes of social exclusion. In order to confront this challenge, the Housing Agency of Catalonia offers the renewal of aid for the payment of rent.
The aid helps guarantee that tenants with economic difficulties can remain in their homes. In this way, the traumatic process of losing a home and the risk of exclusion are prevented.
Beneficiaries of the previous call who reside in Catalonia and hold a rental contract for the home that constitutes their habitual residence are eligible for this aid.
More information about this aid is available on the website of the Housing Agency of Catalonia.
What do you need to know to request this aid?
In these sections, you can find out the eligibility requirements and the steps you must to follow in order to request this aid. The application can be presented at any Housing Office of Barcelona.
Only persons who meet one of the following criteria may apply for an extension of the aid for the payment of rent in 2019:
- People who were beneficiaries of permanent aid in 2018.
- People who were beneficiaries of aid for the payment of rent in 2018.
The beneficiaries must meet the following requirements:
- Applicant households must prove their ability to pay the rent with their own income. This condition is considered to be met when the household can prove an annual income that is equal to or greater than the amount necessary to pay the rent.
- The combined household income cannot exceed:
- 2.35 times the weighted Adequate Income Indicator of Catalonia (IRSC) updated in the case of recipients under MAH / 1100/2010 Resolution, of April 8 (more information presented in the table).
- 1.5 times the Adequate Income Indicator of Catalonia (IRSC) updated in the case of recipients under Resolution TES / 1101/2013, of May 15; of Resolution TES / 884/2014, of April 11; of Resolution TES / 667/2015, of April 2; of Resolution GAH / 940/2016, of April 5 and of Resolution GAH / 657/2017, of March 27 (more information presented in the table).
- Rent payment for the home must be made by bank transfer, direct debit, account deposit, or receipt by the property manager.
- An application must be submitted in order to obtain an extension of the aid for rent payment.
The following documentation must also be submitted:
- Certificate of cohabitation proving that the home is the habitual residence of all the people in the household.
- Proof of income:
- Personal income tax declaration (IRPF), corresponding to the last closed fiscal year, for the applicant and all members of the household that are of working age.
- If there are members of the household who are not required to file an income tax declaration, the imputation certificate from the State Tax Administration Agency (AEAT) and the working life report or the corresponding certificate of tax exempt pensions or benefits must be submitted. The working life report must be ordered through the Social Security website or by phone 901 502 050.
- For exceptional situations where the applicant or a member of the household had a significant change during the year of the call in relation to their income for the closed fiscal year, the income of the current year will be admitted for the person/s who had the change. A working life report and responsible declaration for the income received are required. In these cases, the applicant must also provide a responsible declaration stating the cause for the significant change in income in relation to the general period that must be accredited according to the call and the income obtained during the year of the call.
- Rent receipts: all rent receipts corresponding to the year 2019 that have been paid up to the submission date of the application.
- If there has been a change in the household (number of members, income, home, etc.), the following documentation must be provided:
- The valid DNI / NIE of the person/s that had the change.
For non-EU applicants, a residence certificate or the original and a photocopy of the NIE, indicating "long term" or "permanent residence" for a minimum period of 5 years.
Judgment and / or corresponding regulatory agreement, in the case of persons who have separated or divorced since the date on which the aid was granted.
- New rental contract confirming payment of the deposit (the contract must include the property registration number of the home).
- Standardised bank data form, in the name of the applicant, with the bank account data required in order to make the payment, stamped by the financial entity.
If applicable, certificate of disability, family register book, large family card and / or single parent card.
If applicable, separation or divorce sentence and / or the corresponding regulatory agreement.
Obtaining data electronically:
When the applicants do not object to the consultation of the following documents, the managing body may consult them for application processing and evaluation, in which case their submission is not required:
- Certificate of cohabitation that certifies the residence in the home of all people in the household.
- Identity document (DNI) of the applicant and of all members of the household.
- Income tax declaration (IRPF) and imputation certificate of the applicant and of all working age members of the household.
- Certificate of payments, in the case of unemployed persons and pensioners.
- Certificate of the degree of disability, if applicable.
- Single parent or large family card, if applicable.
The Housing Agency of Catalonia may request, directly or through the entities collaborating in the management of these benefits, additional documentation to complete their knowledge of the application submitted.
Amount and application period
The maximum amount of this aid ranges from €200 per month (€2,400 per year) to €240 per month (€2,880 per year). The minimum amount in both cases is €20 per month (€240 per year).
The call to request this aid is open from 21 January to 1 March 2019.
This aid is incompatible with:
- Maintenance of the basic income for emancipation (RBE) for the same monthly payments and any other aid or benefit from other public administrations that has the same purpose.
- Aid of special urgency and other aid from other public bodies or other organisations that is intended for the same purpose and the same monthly payments of the year of the call. If an applicant has the right to collect special emergency aid and the aid regulated in these bases, the sum of both may not exceed 3,000 euros.
- Implicit aid for people at risk of social exclusion and users of the rented housing pool, owned or managed by the Government of Catalonia, for the monthly payments of the same year.
- Aid for the payment of rent that is the object of calls of the Housing Consortium of Barcelona or of any other public body.
The payment of the aid is subject to the budget availability established in the call and to the knowledge of the Housing Agency of Catalonia that the beneficiary is up to date with rent payment.
Given that this aid is a public subsidy and involves capital income, the beneficiary is obliged to present their personal income tax declaration (IRPF), which must include the amount received.
Payment of the aid will be made through a financial institution.
The aid can be paid directly to the beneficiary or, if it is expressly authorised, to the person who provides a guardianship or mediation service, in favour of which this right may be granted.
More information can be obtained from the website of the Government of Catalonia.