Within the context of the state of alarm due to the Covid-19 epidemic, the Barcelona Municipal Institute of Housing (IMHAB) has taken a series of measures to tackle the expansion of the coronavirus. The offices are closed to the public, but you can contact the IMHAB through various channels to deal with cases of housing emergency, repairs and urgent incidents related to public housing and procedures related to rent and rent assistance.
– The Intervention Service in Situations of Loss of Housing and Employment, the Prevention, Intervention and Mediation Service in Public Housing remain in operation. For exceptional and unforeseeable cases of housing emergency, it is necessary to call the public helpline 010.
– For any emergencies relating to the maintenance of homes or buildings of the public stock, you can contact the IMHAB via the specifically implemented phone lines from 9.00 to 13.00: 932 915 404, 932 915 424, 932 915 406 and 932 918 533.
– For procedures related with rent assistance, you have to send an e-mail to the Housing Office for your district:
Ciutat Vella: firstname.lastname@example.org
Les Corts: email@example.com
Sarrià-Sant Gervasi: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nou Barris: email@example.com
Sant Andreu: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sant Martí: email@example.com
– To request a review of rent instalments in the case of being a family unit in public housing and having suffered significant income reductions due to this crisis, you can send your request along with the justifying documentation by e-mail to @firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your energy rights, guaranteed
The supply of electricity, water and gas is a basic right to which everyone is guaranteed access. In accordance Act nº 24/2015, these rights are guaranteed and the utility companies are obliged to maintain the supply to people in situations of housing exclusion.
If your supply of electricity, water or gas has been cut off, you want to make an enquiry or you want to know the available measures for reducing your bills, you can contact the energy advice point of the Barcelona City Council. The offices are closed to the public, but you can contact this service through two channels:
– Online via the City Council website. You will have to complete the form and attach the justifying documentation to process your request.
– Anyone who does not have Internet access can make the request by phoning 010.